Here is my list of leadership resources including books and websites. I encourage you all to explore. I will build it up over time.
- Fast Company Magazine - Cool information on people and companies doing it right.
- Tom Peters - From the Search to Excellence to so much more. Agree or disagree this guy gets you thinking.
- Peter Senge – His book, The Fifth Discipline started me on my Organizational Development journey.
- Servant Leadership – This term was coined by Robert Greenleaf. It is a huge influence on me and my journey.
- Reframing Organizations - I started with the second edition and now I am studying the fourth edition. Leadership is nothing if we do not understand how we organize. Such an important resource.
- Synchronicity - This is a book by Joseph Jaworski. It is a wonderful personal story with great insight for leaders.
- Meaningful Workplaces - This is a book by Neal Chalofsky who wrote the book on effective HR practices. I have read his other writings throughout Grad School. In this book, his latest, he nails it for what we need in our modern workplace. I stand for building a meaningful workplace.
- Stephen R. Covey - This is the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People guy and other books on leadership. Every time I step away, I come back to this book.
- Warren Bennis – Classic Leadership guy. Lot’s of good writing.
- Organizational Culture and Leadership - The classic on understanding culture in the workplace and the role for the leader.
- It’s Your Ship, By Captain D. Michael Abrashoff - this is a story of one man’s leadership journey as the Captain of a US Navy Ship. Good stuff.
- Steve Jobs, By Walter Isaacson. I Just finished the book and highly recommend it. Steve Jobs was a flawed and brilliant leader all at the same time. This is a great book.
- The Art of Followership, By Ronald Riggio, Ira Chaleff and Jean Lipman-Blumen, Editors. This book is a anthology of essays on followership. There is much here to ponder and remember step one of leadership is to be a good follower.
Let me know what you think and I will continue to build.